Record Sixth Form Results
Once again, we are delighted to celebrate the success of our Sixth Form students with the most impressive set of A Level and Vocational results to date. It was a pleasure to share the success with these fantastic students on results day and we now see them off into the wider world as well-qualified and well-rounded individuals.
Out of the 225 entries in Year 13, highlights included:
- Almost 50% of A Level grades were A*- B and 82% A*- C
- Against a backdrop of declining of A*/A grades, we were proud to see a rise of 5.8% in our top grades meaning almost 20% of A Levels were grades A* or A
- The 99.1% pass rate indicates that we simply will not allow the students to fail
- 11% of our students gained impressive results ranging from between A*A*A*A* to ABB.
- Across the Sixth Form we continued the school trend of adding value, meaning our students achieved 0.13 grades above national average
- Students sitting Vocational subjects outperformed both national and school targets with an overall value added score of +0.23.
The students’ hard work was equally matched with the dedication of the teachers who supported them. 90% of subjects saw exceptional progress upon their previous results and highlights include: Sociology (40% A* - B), Psychology (60% A* - B), Physics (60% A*- B), Media (78% A* -B), Maths (70% A* - B), and Chemistry (60% A*- B).
We support our students through a comprehensive curriculum which includes vocational courses. These can supplement a student’s A Level offer or be sat as standalone qualifications. 56% of our vocational entries were awarded Distinction* or Distinction, 89% were Distinction* to Merit and there was a 100% Pass rate. Again, our average grade at BTEC remains a Distinction which is a reflection of the students’ dedication.
For us, Sixth Form is about gaining the best possible Post-18 destinations. This year we have seen a large increase in the number of students gaining places in Russell Group and other prestigious Universities including Bath, Bristol, Leicester, Loughborough, Cardiff and Birmingham. We have also had a student gaining a place at Cambridge University after obtaining 4 A*’s - an exceptional achievement.
We were also delighted to see students gaining higher level apprenticeships and degree programmes with companies such as GE Aviation, Barratt’s Homes, TSB and GCHQ and we now look forward to building on this. We also wish our two students taking a Gap Year the best of luck with destinations including Charity work in India.
As a school we are incredibly proud of this cohort. Not only have they achieved success through dedication they have added to the culture of the school by being outstanding individuals.
We wish them every success in their future and like to remind all of our students that support will always be available at the Sixth Form and we would welcome to hear from you.
Head of Sixth Form