- Our School
- Professional Development
- National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
- Specialist NPQs
- National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teacher Development
National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teacher Development
NPQLTD gives participants all of the essential knowledge, skills and concepts that underpin successful leadership of teacher development. Participants will cover ‘learn that’ and ‘learn how to’ statements in four areas:
1 – Teaching
2 – Designing Effective Professional Development
3 – Delivering Effective Professional Development
4 – Implementation
What are the benefits?
The fully blended learning approach combined with performance coaching and enrichment activities make this an exciting and valuable opportunity for those who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers in their school.
The NPQLTD qualification is aligned to Masters credits and can act as a springboard on to Liverpool Hope University’s MA in Leading in Education or the MBA in Educational Leadership.
Benefits for Participants
- Become adept in supporting initial teacher training, early career teachers as well as the wider development of all colleagues across the school
- Develop expertise across a number of specialist areas related to their role (e.g. designing professional development)
- Purpose-built virtual learning environment enabled for mobiles and tablets
- Guaranteed support to pass the final assessment
- Content contextualised for your locality and updated to reflect national developments and legislation
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools and delivery at local venues
Benefits for Schools
- Regular prgress updates for mentors and headteachers
- Supprt succession of school leaders and build a cohesive, impact-focused school leadership team
- A prfessionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach leading teacher development in an effective and efficient manner
The ability to review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best outcomes for young people and staff within the organisation.