- Our School
- Professional Development
- National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
- Specialist NPQs
- National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teaching
National Professional Qualification (NPQ): Leading Teaching
NPQLT gives participants all of the essential knowledge, skills and concepts that underpin the successful leadership of teaching. Participants will cover ‘learn that’ and ‘learn how to’ statements in nine areas:
1 – Teaching
2 – School Culture
3 – How Pupils Learn
4 – Subject and Curriculum
5 – Classroom Practice
6 – Adaptive Teaching
7 – Assessment
8 – Professional Development
9 – Implementation
What are the benefits?
The fully blended learning approach combined with performance coaching and enrichment activities make this an exciting and valuable opportunity for those who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage or phase.
The NPQLT qualification is aligned to Masters credits and can act as a springboard on to Liverpool Hope University’s MA in Leading in Education or the MBA in Educational Leadership.
Benefits for Participants
- Become adept at supporting effective teaching across school
- Develop expertise across a number of specialist areas related to their role (e.g. curriculum and assessment)
- Purpose-built virtual learning environment enabled for mobiles and tablets
- Guaranteed support to pass the final assessment
- Content contextualised for your locality and updated to reflect national developments and legislation
- Facilitation and support from serving school leaders in outstanding schools and delivery at local venues
Benefits for Schools
- Regular prgress updates for mentors and headteachers
- Supprt succession of school leaders and build a cohesive, impact-focused school leadership team
- A prfessionally aware and informed leader who can make evidence-based decisions and approach the leading of teaching in an effective and efficient manner
- The ability t review and evaluate practice in order to bring about change and get the best outcomes for young people and staff within the organisation.