From September 2021, reformed National Professional Qualifications (NPQs) will offer teachers and leaders clearer development opportunities and career progression. These qualifications will build on key areas of the Early Career Framework (ECF), allowing for further specialisation and development of expertise and help prepare teachers and leaders the next step in their careers.
The reformed qualifications aim to:
- help teachers hone and develop the skills they already have, helping them to become more effective leaders inside and outside the classroom and improving overall teaching quality
- retain high-calibre teachers by offering clearer development opportunities and career progression
To best address the broad range of responsibilities of current and aspiring middle leaders the Middle Leadership NPQ has been replaced with three new specialist NPQs. These specialist areas cover:
- supporting the training and development of others, including early career teachers
- developing teachers who are subject leads or responsible for improving teaching practice in a subject or phase
- developing teachers who have responsibilities for leading behaviour and culture
These new and updated NPQs will ensure these qualifications continue to offer the best possible support to teachers and leaders wanting to expand their knowledge and skills, and can help them in taking the next step in their careers.
Full details for each of the NPQs, including the registration form and information on funding, can be found at www.outstandingleaders.org/npq. The team at Outstanding Leaders Partnership can be contacted through the livechat function of their website, or you can send enquiries to email@example.com.
When registering please ensure you select Churchdown School Academy from the drop-down when prompted. This will help ensure your access to local delivery.